Internal supplier to the aerospace industry enlisted The Highland Group to help the operation produce within budgeted hours and deliver on schedule.
- Reduce the hours per tail (ship-set) by 5000 hours.
- Produce two ship-sets per month.
- Reduced hours per tail by more than 5000 hours.
- Achieved a sustainable production rate of two ship-sets per month.
- Reduced work in progress inventory by 44%.
Optimize Production, Reduce Costs & Ensure Timely Delivery
An internal supplier to the aerospace industry enlisted The Highland Group to help the operation produce within budgeted hours and deliver on schedule.
The Highland Group’s analytical professionals conducted a Discovery and Design process that identified and detailed the key reasons for budget overruns and late deliveries. Working towards leadership’s defined Driver Goals, the team redesigned the operation, utilizing Lean tools and methods to remove waste, streamline workflows and increase capacity. The team also redesigned the existing management system, which did not include meaningful metrics or key performance indicators, to maintain performance gains, ensure timely deliveries and drive continuous improvement.
- Redesigned the manufacturing processes.
- Reengineered the management systems and the organization to create a cell-based production environment based on Lean principles.
- Implemented Lean disciplines by work cell in all production areas.
- Developed and implemented a System For Managing for the organization, by work cell, to ensure the sustainability of all implemented changes.
Reduced planned cycle time by