International graphics production and services company experienced massive growth by acquisition when it purchased its largest competitor.
- Reduce technical staff by 10%.
- Develop a geographical and functional Technical Support strategy.
- Developed a geographical and functional Technical Support strategy and staffing recommendation.
- Reduced operating costs by more than 10%.
Restructure, Redesign & Optimize IT Support Services
An international graphics production and services company experienced massive growth by acquisition when it purchased its largest competitor. The merging of two technology-dependent companies caused system overlaps and confusion among staff. The Highland Group was asked to develop an organizational restructure and redesign strategy that would optimize the current and acquired systems and staff and reduce costs.
The Highland Group’s IT and technical services organization was engaged to conduct an in-depth analysis of the issues, design a future state, optimized organization and develop and implement a plan to achieve the client’s stated goals.
- Analyzed the functional capabilities, applicability and robustness of the acquired systems.
- Determined the technical compatibilities of the current and acquired applications, systems and hardware.
- Determined the system and facility infrastructure support requirements.
- Assessed the skills of the IT Support staff.
- Developed an organizational design for the IT function.
- Rationalized the geographical and functional support requirements.
- Evaluated the quality of the combined talent and identified skills shortfall.
Reduced operating costs by more than